10 reasons why I love Thabal Chongba
Every Manipuri knows the significance of Thabal Chongba. It is a thinly disguised social event that allows you to legally ogle
at a parade of nubile girls and pick your quarry!
You can actually hold the hands of a bimbette you have never met before without getting slapped. Cool isn't it.
But why on earth am I trying to tell you these already known charms of Thabal Chongba? I have good reasons for doing so , the primary
one being that you change the settings, Thabal Chongba takes a different connotation and utility.
Bring it to the Police Ground at North Campus or at the JNU Campus in New Delhi, then Thabal Chongba is not just Thabal Chongba, it transforms
into our own page 3 event.
Here's my top 10 reasons why I hop from one Thabal Chongba to another.
1. It keeps your hope alive of finding a beautiful girl as your soulmate.
2. It gives you that opportunity to find out who is seeing whom.
3. It is a rare occasion to flaunt your pretty girlfriend from Lady Sri Ram College or whatever..
4. It is the best place to pursue your unrequited love one more time.
5. Just when you thought all Manipuri girls are ugly ducklings, it proves you wrong.
6. It is a fashion show.
7. It is where you can see only Manipuri faces after a long long time.
8. It is where you might discover and see who is dating your ex.
9. It is a gathering where you can find all your lost pals.
10. It is where I can find vicarious pleasure because I dont dance.
Contributed by Ranjan Yumnam
You can send and add up to this list to Ranjan at firstname.lastname@example.org
This WJ was webcasted on 8th March 2005.