Spt kids' murder, FFC renews bandh threat
Source: The Sangai Express

Imphal, April 25: Taking serious note of the State's failure to communicate the progress of its ongoing probe into the murder of the two Senapati kids to the Fact Finding Committee (FFC), the latter has renewed its threat to launch an indefinite bandh with effect from April 29 in case the State Government fails to convey the progress report of the probe by April 28.On the other hand, thousands of women under the aegis of Senapati District Women's Association have decided to demonstrate at Hebron camp of the NSCN (IM) if the outfit also fails to disclose its findings on the same case by the same deadline set for the State Government.

Talking to The Sangai Express, FFC chairman Solomon Veino said, "The earlier ultimatum to impose an indefinite bandh was revoked at the assurance of the State Government that it would constitute a special task force to probe into the murder case and that it would convey its findings to the FFC".

But even after the constitution of the task force, there has been no intimation to the FFC regarding its progress, Solomon informed.

He remarked that constitution of the task force was just an eye wash, compelled by the unequivocal demand of the people to book the murderers.

While the State police have been unable to make any progress in its investigation, the NSCN (IM) have managed to pull up six prime suspects including Brown Tangkhul, Manikho and Adai.

The six had reportedly confessed their involvement in the gruesome crime.

Recently, a team of the FFC led by its chairman went to Hebron and quizzed all the accused.

It may recalled here that the skeletal remains of Muheni Martin and Hrinii Hubert were discovered at a isolated place at Senapati district Hqs on March 27.The two kids were abducted for ransom on December 14 last year.

Acting on the advice of the Centre, the State Government filed applications to the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Senapati following which the CJM issued arrest warrants against two NSCN(IM) leaders for their failure to hand over the prime suspects to the State police.

The Court also issued arrest warrants against two suspects.