FFC invited to Camp Hebron
on Spt kids' murder case

Source: The Sangai Express

Imphal, April 27: In response to the Senapati district-based Fact Finding Committee's (FFC) threat to launch intense agitation against the failure of both the NSCN (IM) and State Government to communicate progress of investigation in the murder of Muheni Martin and Hrinii Hubert, the Naga rebel group has formally invited FFC representatives to Hebron Camp to brief them on its latest probe progress.

Acknowledging the invitation letter sent to FFC today, a 10 member delegation of the Committee led by its chairman Solomon Veino will proceed to Hebron Camp near Dimapur tomorrow, Solomon conveyed.

The development bears significance as an accused Adai alias Gaithailung had on April 24 'escaped' from Hebron Camp where he was detained by the NSCN (IM) for its investigation.

On being asked, Solomon said, "I was surprised to hear such a report.

We received the report from the NSCN (IM) that Adai had escaped from Hebron Camp on Tuesday evening." The delegation besides obtaining progress report of the IM's investigation will also enquire on how the accused Adai slipped away from the rebel's custody.

"We take this very seriously," the chairman expressed.

The Committee had threatened to impose a State-wide bandh from April 29 in case the State Government and the NSCN (IM) fail to intimate the progress of the investigation.

There is no change, yet, in the Committee's stand on the proposed agitation plan.

When contacted, NSCN (IM)'s deputy kilonser (MIP) and spokesman Kraibo Chawang said since he was not directly dealing with the probe, he had no specific idea on it while maintaining that he learnt of the suspect's escape.

Adding that he received reports that the Hebron Camp 'jail officer' has also been pulled up on account of duty negligence, Chawang said a man hunt is on by the cadres to nab the escapee.

It may be recalled that skeletal remains of the two schoolgoing kids were discovered at a Senapati district location on March 27, over three months after they were abducted for ransom.

Six persons (suspects) have already confessed of their involvement in the crime.