Source: The Sangai Express
Imphal, Jun 07:
A young boy has been electrocuted to death after he accidentally tripped over a live wire that bent from a leaning post on the ground where the victim boy was herding cattle.
The incident occurred at around 11 am today at a grazing ground located in Sangaiyumpham Karachi Laipat Loukon under Thoubal police station.
identity of the deceased has been established as Md Hussain (11) s/o Md Hashim of Sangaiyumpham Karachi.
a cow is also informed to have came in contact with the wire but survived the shock.
While a case on the incident has been filed in Thoubal police station, the boy's body has been handed over to family members after post mortem at Lilong PHC.
Meanwhile, as no family member or relative had come forth to identify/claim body of a non-Manipuri, recovered on June 5 from near a Nagamapal area, the same is likely to be disposed off tomorrow on completion of necessary procedures.
Informing that District Magistrate of Imphal West district has already completed formalities to dispose the unclaimed corpse, press source said until someone identifies/claims the body by tomorrow it would be handed over to Imphal Municipal Council authorities/personnel for the necessary ritual after the post mortem at RIMS morgue.